Can't find the post you're looking for?
Please scroll to the bottom of the page, where you'll find the blog archive, containing all of the posts ever published on this blog.

Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Birthday Blizzard Beach

Today marks an amazing 18 years since Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park first opened to the public back on April Fools Day in 1995. The third water park to open at Walt Disney World, and one of the two still in operation, Blizzard Beach is themed as a Ski Resort on the meltdown, and is complete with fake snowdrifts and icicles. The whimsical theme has a whimsical backstory to match, as well as the park's very own mascot; Ice Gator, who is sadly no longer available for meet and greets in the park.
I love Blizzard Beach, and have many fond memories of time I have spent there with my family, especially whilst riding Teamboat Springs- the world's longest family raft ride. As they do so well, Disney have released an article on the Disney Parks Blog, which celebrates Blizzard Beach's wonderful history with ten cool facts about the park. Yes, I'm still doing puns! Anyway, the article's definitely worth checking out, if not for the facts (most of which are common knowledge amongst Disney fans), then for the lovely images of this wonderful park. Also, be sure to check out the comments section of that article, where I have posted one of my favourite Blizzard Beach memories, of when I first experienced Summit Plummet, the park's signature attraction. It's comment number four if you're interested in reading it.
Don't forget to come back tomorrow to read the story of when I bought my Splash Mountain Pin which I wrote about yesterday! I've decided to push that post back to tomorrow to allow this post its time 'in the limelight', or at the top of the blog, to be exact.
Thank you for reading, and Happy April Fools Day!

No comments: